Matthew 12:34 “… For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.”
We need to know what God thinks of us so we can get our thoughts in line with His. We need to be saying what God is saying about us instead of what the world says or you say or your peers are saying about you. If you have not yet read “Speaking like a Spokesperson!” please do. It will give you more info on this topic.
This is a simple exercise. Print off this page. Stand in front of the mirrror while your getting ready for the day and repeat the following verses aloud. I will add more categories of verses in the coming weeks.
Exercise 1 “WHO I AM IN CHRIST”
- I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).
- I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me (Isaiah 54:14).
- I am holy and without blame before Him in love (I Peter 1:16: Ephesians 1:4).
- I have the mind of Christ (Philippians 2:5; I Corinthians 2:16).
- I have the peace of God that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).
- I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).
- I can do all things through Christ Jesus (Philippians4:13).
- I show forth the praises of God Who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light (I Peter 2:9)
- I am God’s child for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God, which lives and abides forever (I Peter 1:23).
Exercise 2 “WHO I AM IN CHRIST”
- I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).
- I am a new creature in Christ (II Corinthians 5:17).
- I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17).
- I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me (Romans 8:37).
- I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).
- I am an ambassador for Christ (II Corinthians 5:20).
- I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ (II Corinthians 5:21).
- I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13).
- I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood (Ephesians 1:7).
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind (II Timothy 1:7).